BDR’s Four-Part Plan
When making your estate plan, it’s simply not enough to have just a will or just a trust. You need to ensure your documents are comprehensive and cohesive. I recommend to everyone to start their estate plan with BDR’s Four-Part Plan.
BDR’s Four-Part Plan includes a living trust to ensure your loved ones avoid probate, a pour-over will to ensure your assets are distributed according to the terms of the trust, and a durable power of attorney and advanced health care directive to ensure your wishes are met in the event you become incapacitated.
BDR’s Four-Part Plan costs $1,500 for an individual or $2,000 for a couple.
- Will – $500
- Living Trust (including trust transfer deed for one real property) – $1,000
- Durable Power of Attorney – $250
- Advanced Health Care Directive – $250
- Trust transfer deeds for California property – $250
- Trust transfer deeds or equivalent for non-California, US property – per hour
All other documents or advice are charged at attorney’s standard hourly rate.